Jalal ad-Din Muhammad Rumi was a Persian poet, an Islamic dervish and a Sufi mystic. His discipline and wisdom have crossed all national and ethnic borders ever since the 13th century.
I’m pretty sure each and every one of you has heard or read some Rumi quotes on life at some point. Rumi is seen as a great spiritual master and poet. His work influenced and inspired many other artists, his wise words kept many others sane up to this day.
Rumi was a jurist and religion teacher until the age of 37, when he met a wandering dervish named Shams Tabrizi. He soon became Rumi’s spiritual mentor and intimate friend and eventually changed the course of his life.
30 Rumi inspirational quotes
1. “Do not feel lonely, the entire universe is inside you.” – Rumi
2. “Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.” – Rumi
3. “Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.” – Rumi
4. “Everything in the universe is within you. Ask all from yourself.” – Rumi
5. “There are a thousand ways to kneel and kiss the ground; there are a thousand ways to go home again.” – Rumi
6. “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean, in a drop.” – Rumi
7. “Dancing is not just getting up painlessly, like a leaf blown on the wind; dancing is when you tear your heart out and rise out of your body to hang suspended between the worlds.” – Rumi
8. “Don’t be satisfied with stories, how things have gone with others. Unfold your own myth.” – Rumi
9. “If the foot of the trees were not tied to earth, they would be pursuing me. For I have blossomed so much, I am the envy of the gardens.” – Rumi
10. “I am so close, I may look distant.
So completely mixed with you, I may look separate.
So out in the open, I appear hidden.
So silent, because I am constantly talking with you.” – Rumi
11. “Everyone has been made for some particular work, and the desire for that work has been put in every heart.” – Rumi
12. “The minute I heard my first love story,
I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was.
Lovers don’t finally meet somewhere. They’re in each other all along.
What you seek is seeking you.” – Rumi
13. “Be certain that in the religion of Love there are no believers and unbelievers. LOVE embraces all.” ― Rumi
14. “make your last journey
from this strange world
soar for the heights
where there is no more
separation of you and your home
God has created
your wings not to be dormant
as long as you are alive
you must try more and more
to use your wings to show you’re alive”
15. “In your light I learn how to love. In your beauty, how to make poems. You dance inside my chest where no-one sees you, but sometimes I do, and that sight becomes this art.” – Rumi
16. “I am filled with you. Skin, blood, bone, brain, and soul. There’s no room for lack of trust, or trust. Nothing in this existence but that existence.” – Rumi
17. “A pen went scribbling along. When it tried to write love, it broke.” ― Rumi
18. “Don’t grieve. Anything you lose comes round in another form.” – Rumi
19. “Yesterday I was clever, so I wanted to change the world. Today I am wise, so I am changing myself.” – Rumi
20. “Gratitude is the wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk.” – Rumi
21. “Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes. Because for those who love with heart and soul there is no such thing as separation.” ― Rumi
22. “When you seek love with all your heart you shall find its echo in the universe.” – Rumi
23. “If you are looking for a friend who is faultless, you will be friendless.” – Rumi
24. “Wherever you are, and whatever you do, be in love.” ― Rumi
25. “Your heart is the size of an ocean. Go find yourself in its hidden depths.” ― Rumi
26. “Don’t you know yet? It is your light that lights the worlds.” ― Rumi
27. “The very center of your heart is where life begins – the most beautiful place on earth.” – Rumi
28. “When the world pushes you to your knees, you’re in the perfect position to pray.” – Rumi
29. “Let yourself be silently drawn by the strange pull of what you really love. It will not lead you astray.” ― Rumi
30.“The moon stays bright when it doesn’t avoid the night.” ― Rumi